PLASMA LIFT" TO REJUVENATE THE SKIN OF THE FACE
Plasma lift with PRF or PRP injections.
Healing growth factors to rejuvenate the smile and face, without fear or pain
PLASMA LIFT" TO REJUVENATE THE SKIN OF THE FACE
What is plasma lift?
The “plasma lift” thanks to injections of PRF (Platelet Rich Fibrin) or PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) in the lips and lower face. PRF facial injection techniques. Healing growth factors to rejuvenate the smile and face, without fear or pain under sedation.
In the United States, the treatment was named ” Vampire Lift ” or ” Plasma Lift ” in reference to the blood collection. In fact, this technique does not really ” lift ” (i.e. tighten) in the literal sense but helps to increase the quality of tissue angiogenesis. The better vascularized tissues consequently increase their potential for scar regeneration.
A PRF treatment consists in reinjecting one’s own serum concentrated in platelets after centrifugation. This serum will act as a regenerative and bio-stimulatory product and therefore, thanks to cell proliferation, as a filler.
Autologous injections of serum growth factors and healing agents contained in platelets to boost cell regeneration and fight against premature tissue aging.
FRP (Fibrin Rich Plasma) injections allow for partial or total regeneration of wrinkled skin which acts as a natural filler for fine lines. This method of facial rejuvenation is completely natural and is a good complement to overall smile and facial rehabilitation treatments.
FRP(Fibrin Rich Plasma) injections use the regenerative and healing properties of blood platelets. It is a natural method, 100% biocompatible, allowing cellular regeneration and skin rejuvenation. There is no known risk of significant side effects. The PRF, being derived from our own body, avoids the rare side effects that can be encountered with other techniques (granulomas, infections).
All facial aesthetic treatments can be performed either with PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) injections or with FRP (Fibrin Rich Plasma) injections. The difference between the two techniques is that PRP contains an anti-coagulant of animal origin which allows for more operating time and only platelets thanks to high speed centrifugation. FRP (Fibrin Rich Plasma) is centrifuged at low speed and does not contain any anti-coagulant. The advantage is a richer concentration of healing and regenerative cells, the disadvantage is a short operating time that corresponds to the clotting time.
The use of one or the other technique depends on the legislation of the country of the operator and on the operator’s operating habits: in the United States and Switzerland PRP predominates, in France and in Europe PRF predominates.
HOW DOES AN INJECTION SESSION WORK?
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFOREHAND :
- During the first visit, a diagnosis of the quality of the skin is established which allows for a precise and objective analysis of the skin’s condition based on several criteria.
- Treatment usually takes place over a period of four to six months and consists of an injection of Fibrin Rich Plasma at 21-28 day intervals.
- Before the procedure, it is imperative that the area to be treated be cleansed and dry. Aspirin should be avoided for 24 hours prior to the session.
THE COURSE OF A "PLASMA LIFT" SESSION
The process begins with the collection of blood. Then the centrifugation of the tubes. The collection of the PRF precedes its injection into the area to be treated.
- Blood sampling: The session begins with a blood sample: The nurse fills one to four tubes of about 8 ml, the equivalent of a normal blood sample in a laboratory.
- Tube Centrifugation : The cosmetic dentist uses single-use equipment designed to safely collect and reinject. The tubes are placed in a centrifuge for five minutes to separate the plasma from the other blood components.
- FRP Collection and Injection: The dentist then collects the FRP in a sterile syringe and re-injects it where needed around the lips and related areas. The treatment is performed on an outpatient basis under contact anesthesia with EMLA cream.
TWO TECHNIQUES OF REINJECTION OF THE OBTAINED PRF :
- Either by relatively deep injections under the dermis in retro-injection, as for injecting hyaluronic acid. This method stimulates the fibroblasts of the connective tissue to plump up the hollowed out areas.
- Either by a method called “mesotherapeutic coating” (superficial injection of small quantities of PRF into the dermis using a fine needle). Injections Mesotherapy can be practiced manually or with an electronic injector or mesotherapy gun by injecting micro doses superficially under the skin. This method stimulates the most superficial cells for a regeneration of the skin rather than the connective tissue.
To treat more pronounced wrinkles, the plasma can also be enriched with hyaluronic acid to obtain a gel that is a little thicker and therefore more effective at “filling” (filler).
DURING THE FOLLOWING SESSION, THE TREATMENT WILL BE CONTINUED IN THE SAME WAY
At the end of the treatment period, 3 months after the last injection, a follow-up visit will be scheduled to evaluate the result and the possible need for a maintenance treatment.
Maintenance treatments are recommended every 3 to 6 months and then every 6 to 12 months depending on the quality of the skin, the age and the patient’s history (significant sun exposure, smoking).
Contrary to what happens after a hyaluronic acid filling injection, the result is not immediately visible, but progressively settles in over the following three to six weeks, while the cells begin to work.
Cosmetic doctors and dentists recommend two or three sessions spaced one month apart, then one or two per year as maintenance.
Contraindications: facial cancer, blood and autoimmune diseases, anticoagulant treatments, certain allergic conditions…
WHAT AREAS SHOULD BE TREATED?
Absolutely any area that requires it can potentially be treated with PRF (PRP can be used in countries that allow this technique).
The injections, almost painless, are done either directly with a hypodermic syringe or with a mesotherapy gun.
A blood test allows the collection of 5 to 10 ml of PRF. This amount is more than enough to treat the lips and the entire lower face.
Depending on the indications, a protocol will be proposed to you: on average, 5 sessions should be planned, spaced out over a few weeks, followed by several maintenance sessions, spaced out over several months.
WHAT IS THE BENEFIT OF A PLASMA LIFT?
IMPORTANT: These are the patient’s platelets that are reinjected! So there is no risk of contamination. It is an absolutely biological product which has a real action of regeneration on all the fabrics. Well known for a long time, they are mainly used in trauma medicine, but their field of application is growing.
A Fibrin Rich Plasma injection in facial aesthetic medicine is a treatment indicated for patients who wish to rejuvenate and beautify (“rejuvenate”) the skin of the face and lips.
But not only because it is used in aesthetic medicine for the neckline, the back of the hands and bald areas of the scal p (alopecia).
It does indeed allow:
- To improve the texture, density and luminosity of the skin (reduction of brown spots linked to UV as well as redness)
- Reduce wrinkles and fine lines, dark circles
- Improve the appearance of acne scars or post-traumatic scars
- To increase the synthesis or regeneration of the elastic fibers of the skin, collagen